REQUIRED ROLE: District User Admin or ESC Admin
SITE ACCESS: System Management > Reporting > Number of Logins Report > View Report
Click on the System Management drop-down in the site's main navigation menu, and select the Reporting option.
Click the View Report button under the Number of Logins Report section.
You will first need to make some filter selections before you can generate the report.
a. Organization: If you would like to run a district report containing all districts (and their campuses) that belong to your Region, use the drop-down menu filter to select All. If you would like a report for a specific campus, still select All. If you wish to run a report that strictly contains users belonging to your ESC, select the Region Education Service Center option.
b. Role: You can choose to include users with only certain roles (e.g., District Admin, Building [Campus] Admin, District Content Admin, etc.), in your report by using the Role drop-down filter. Alternatively, you may select All to include all users regardless of their role.
c. Account Status: You can include all users with accounts, or you can choose to only include users who are currently enabled. Use the Account Status drop-down filter to select which status you wish to include in the report (Enabled, Disabled, or All). Please Note: If you choose All, disabled users will show up shaded grey in the report.
d. Start and End Dates: If you would like to set a date range for your search (optional), uncheck the NULL boxes and click the three dots or calendar icon to display the calendar tool. Select your Start Date and End Date from the calendar.
You can also leave the Null boxes checked to generate a report that includes all logins for the selected organization (without being specific to a selected duration/time-frame).
Once all your search criteria has been entered, click the View Report button.
Once you select View Report, the report will display and users will be listed by name in alphabetical order. The report will include the name, email addresses, roles, and number of logins for all users within the organization selected.
Search for the desired district or campus by using the arrows to page through the list, or enter the name in the search field and click the Enter key to quickly jump to it in the report.
You can sort the list by the number of logins so that instead of seeing the users listed alphabetically you can see the users with the highest number of logins at the top of the list. To do this, simply click on the arrow next to Nbr. of Logins and the list will re-order so that the first one in the list has the most logins.
At the end of the report, the last rows identify totals. You may need to scroll down to see them.
You can export the report to a variety of formats, such as a CSV or Excel, by clicking the Export icon in the toolbar. This will open a drop-down that allows you to select the format of the file you wish to generate. The CSV file type is the most convenient for viewing all users on the same page, while Excel provides the benefit of creating a separate tab for each individual campus.
a. CSV: The CSV file format is the most ideal since it will yield a login report spreadsheet with all districts (and their respective campuses) ordered in a single alphabetical list.
- To limit the report to just one district, use your cursor to highlight all the rows pertaining to the undesired districts and campuses that you wish to eliminate, right-click, and select Delete. Save the file when you are finished.
- Alternatively, use your cursor to highlight the entire list of rows you wish to keep, right-click, select Cut, open a new blank Excel file, right-click again, and select Paste. Save the new file when you are finished.
b. PDF: The PDF format will generate the full report. If you only wish to view one district, follow the steps below. Note that your PDF generation software may differ slightly (the following is for Adobe Reader).
- Locate which pages of the report that the district (and its campuses) fall on
- Click File and select Print
- Select the Pages option and enter the page range you wish to print
- Click the Print button
c. Excel: The Excel file format will yield a spreadsheet with every district and campus on separate tabs.
To narrow the Excel report to just one district, follow the steps below.
- Locate the tabs that the desired district and its campuses are located on using the navigation arrows in the bottom left corner of the page. The organizations are listed in alphabetical order.
- Right-click on a tab you wish to delete and choose Select All Sheets.
- Hold the Ctrl (Control) key on your keyboard and click each of the desired tabs you wish to keep.
- Right-click on one of the highlighted tabs you plan on deleting. Select Delete.
- The only tabs that will remain are the tabs you elected to keep for that particular district.
- Save the report/spreadsheet to your computer.