Authorized users can create and manage district versions of Plans, IFDs, and YAGs through the District Content page under System Management.
REQUIRED ROLE: District Content Admin or District Content Creator
SITE ACCESS: System Management > District Content
To locate and/or modify existing district content, click on the System Management drop-down in the site's main navigation menu, and select the District Content option.
The default landing page for this section is the Manage District Instructional Focus Documents page.
However, you can select the other available component pages by clicking the other sub-menu options.
On any of the content landing pages, you can click the 'Create New' button to begin creating a Plan, IFD, or YAG.
Search for existing district content using the filters for Grade Level, Subject Area, Course (if applicable), and Version (if applicable). There is also an optional Keyword search field provided, allowing you to search by a certain word or phrase specific to the item or its title (i.e. Unit #).
Click the Search button to perform the search. Click Reset Search if you wish to clear the selected filters.
After executing the search, the result list will display the Title, Last Updated [Date/Time], and Status of each item.
Note: Items created through the Create District Version option (i.e. customized TEKS RS component) and items created from scratch using the 'Create New' button will both be displayed in this list.
Items can be in 4 different statuses:
- Draft - item has not been made available to district users
- Published - item has been made available to district users
- Taken Offline - item was made available to district users at some point, but taken offline because it is no longer needed or changes need to be made
- Archived - item has been stored for future retrieval, but removed from general search results
To the right of each item in the results list is the Options button. Clicking this provides a menu of available options for that component.
From here, you have the capability to perform any of the following actions:
- Preview – displays the dynamic version of the component
- Edit – allows you to modify any part of the component
- Copy - creates an exact copy of the component allowing users to make modifications for alternate use
- Publish History - displays a list of each time the component has been published/unpublished, including date/time and user name
- Archive - stores the component for future retrieval, but removes it from the general search (search filter provided; see example below)
- Delete – deletes the item from the system
NOTE: Archived content items (i.e. shaded in a darker color) will have the "Archived" status and be hidden from the general search. However, use the Show Archived filter to view any previously archived items.
To unarchive an item, click YES on the Publish to Live Site toggle switch.
To publish a district content item and make it accessible for district users to view, see the Making District Content Available to Users support guide.